Thursday, December 16, 2010

Pink Hill VFD - Giving Thanks

To all my friends at Pink Hill VFD, thanks posting this! This holiday season, be thankful not only for your family but for the people who save your life... especially when you're the one who's done something stupid (usually my case).
When the tone goes off at 1:00 in the morning or anytime, a medic, volunteer firefighter, EMT, or rescue person is startled awake, jumps out of bed, gets dressed, and is en-route. Regardless of the hour, the weather conditions, the holiday or event - when needed, they promptly respond. Put this as your status for a while, if you are an emergency responder, know one or if you love one!
Well, I loved one once and I know a few, so I feel like I should definitely re-post this on Facebook, however their lovely character limit got me. Yay! So now, I'll put it here and actually write how I really feel, or you can just read my last blog post.

What the emergency responders do is beyond me. I could never see the pain they see. I could never touch the lives they touch. And I could never tell a mother her child is dead, yet they do that every day... with little to no thanks for what they do, the lives they've saved, and the people they've touched.

You just go about your life, assuming that if something happens they'll come save you. How many times have you gone to the ER almost dying? How many times have you been in a car accident and someone was there to save you? How many times have you thought about the brave men and women who risk their lives for you? How many times have you ever wondered what their names are? Well, today I think it's time to be thankful for them.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment